Lead Product Designer (f/m/d)
We’re on a mission to simplify global trade. To achieve this goal, Forto’s design team creates excellent end-to-end experiences, covering the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. Together we push the boundaries of design quality in B2B to make our product experience feel simple, trustworthy and human.
We are looking for an accomplished Lead Product Designer to work on products that serve clients, partners and operation teams around the world. You will oversee the design vision and execution in one of the problem spaces and closely work with Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and UX Researchers to deliver great customer experiences. The right candidate likes to work autonomously and enjoys making an impact in a complex and changing environment.
- Work with design leadership to shape vision and strategy for design at Forto.
- Oversee design vision and execution for your problem space.
- Deliver high-quality, user-centric, measurably impactful end-to-end design work.
- Advocate for a strong user-focused point of view in your product area.
- Formulate hypotheses together with Product Managers and run experiments.
- Work closely with cross-functional peers and business stakeholders to help define feature requirements based on empirical data, usability findings, market research and proven user-centered design principles.
- Define measures of success, using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Closely collaborate with our UX Research team to gather customer insights, identify opportunities and validate solutions.
- Communicate/pitch design decisions to design and product leadership.
- Actively contribute and shape the future of Forto’s design system.
- Mentor other designers and help them grow by serving as an example.
- Set the bar for the quality of the design craft and help improve our ways of working.
What you bring
The ideal candidate for this role can help lay the groundwork to set complex problem spaces up for success and provide exceptional hands-on execution.
- 8+ years experience with end-to-end product design (Product/Growth, B2B experience preferable)
- Ability to think through complex interactions
- Problem-solver mindset, focusing on outcomes over output
- Sharp understanding of how design decisions impact business objectives and KPIs
- Experience in planning, running and sharing insights from UX Research activities
- Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Ability to articulate design decisions, with an iterative mindset and openness to learn and adapt
- Strong expertise in working with Figma and design systems
- Experience with workshop facilitation
- Strong communicator (verbal and written) and user advocate
- Proactive and comfortable working autonomously
- Fluent in English
Please provide a link to your portfolio (alternatively 2 selected case studies) with your application.
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.