Seafreight Manager (f/m/d) Poland
What if… your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
You ensure the continuous growth of Forto’s Sea Freight product in Poland by ensuring competitive rates, setting up new tradelanes, securing necessary allocations as well as by building a strong procurement team.
- Build up a strong relationship with shipping lines and intermodal haulage partners to support the success of our mission
- Understand the business strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and future opportunities in Poland and with our business partners
- Ensure a high service level by continuously tracking allocations and service level KPIs of logistics providers
- Monitor and manage our volume forecast and thus enabling an effective allocation and routing management
- Build a highly professional seafreight team in Poland
- Collaborate closely with the Forto Sales team in Poland to run RFQs for large customers, lend support and provide business insights
- Build up and foster cross divisional relationships to maximize sea freight procurement opportunities for Forto’s global logistics network
- Make sure that Forto demonstrates innovation and generates opportunities to reduce costs with no adverse effect on service quality
- Report directly to our Director Procurement and Business Development Europe in Hamburg
What you bring
- You have more than 10+ years experience of Sea Freight procurement in the Polish market
- You have an existing network in the carrier and haulage market in the Polish market
- You have a deep understanding of the operational process of sea freight and inland haulage
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills
- You are flexible and willing to travel locally, nationally and internationally
- You are fluent in English & Polish
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.