Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) – Account Master Data
What if… your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
As a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) in the Account Master Data team, your responsibilities will include developing and maintaining core functionality for managing, sanitizing, and deduplicating business data used across various internal and external systems. Additionally, you will be responsible for building the necessary infrastructure to synchronize this data with external platforms such as Salesforce, Business Central, SWIVEL, and other Transport Management systems.
- Own the full cycle of designing, building, and maintaining highly scalable and available software
- Enable and maintain a high degree of automation, thereby creating an opportunity for meaningful and demanding tasks for people rather than working on tedious manual tasks
- Building scalable and extendable event-driven microservice architectures with advanced patterns like CQRS and event sourcing design patterns and many other interesting use cases.
- Explore and implement cutting-edge software design patterns to help solve very challenging problems we are facing within an evolving domain
- Be exposed to challenges, such as: leading engineering-wide initiatives, interacting with different teams and stakeholders, and writing concise Architectural Decision Records (ADRs)
- Mentor others in the engineering team and enable team growth
What you bring
- Experience with large scale architectural patterns, event-driven microservices, well-designed APIs and efficient algorithms
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Strong skills with the back-end technologies we use: Node.js, NestJS, Typescript, MongoDB, and message queuing systems
- Experience with any cloud providers is welcome: Kubernetes and AWS is a plus
- Experience with multiple databases both within and outside the relational paradigm, with the ability to maintain and use a particular paradigm and reason about its usage for different use cases.
- Working proficiency and strong communication skills in verbal and written English
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.