Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) – Customer Integrations
What if… your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
As a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) in the Customer Integrations Team, you will work on mission-critical tasks, seamlessly integrating Forto’s software products with customer IT systems. You'll work in a close-knit, agile team together with two engineers and a product manager, bouncing ideas off each other and making decisions quickly, without the slowdown caused by bureaucracy.
- Play a vital role in the company’s success: As a critical part of Forto’s software products, our work directly impacts our customers' experience, and we take that responsibility seriously
- Develop and maintain data integrations between Forto and customer systems using our modern integrations platform
- Experience the thrilling opportunity to delve into the inner workings of Forto's architecture, data, and systems, gaining a comprehensive understanding of logistic tech solutions
- Be empowered to think from the perspective of the end user, carefully considering critical aspects such as security, customer documentation, error codes, and the safe exposure of internal data externally
- Own the full development lifecycle including testing, monitoring, debugging, database management, etc., in building highly scalable and available software
- Lead engineering-wide initiatives, mentor others in the engineering team, explore, engage with various teams and stakeholders, and enable team growth
What you bring
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience with large-scale architectural patterns and integrations, while experience in design and development of public APIs is a plus
- Professional attitude towards software craftsmanship with a good understanding of different types of testing and the value of TDD
- Critical product thinking, ownership mentality, accountability, and motivation to challenge the status quo
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.