Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) – Process & Workflow
What if… your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
As a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) in the Process and Workflow team, you will build and maintain operation’s shipment management, automation and documentation tools. From designing workflows to dynamic document generation, you will be working hard to empower Forties in the Operations team with the tools they need to do their jobs effectively.
- Enable and maintain a high degree of automation: ending faxes, emails, and phone calls in logistics once and for all, and thereby creating an opportunity for meaningful tasks for Forties rather than working on tedious manual tasks
- Be actively being involved in a team: own the full cycle of designing, building, and maintaining highly scalable and available software, as well as continuously improving existing systems, including refactoring of critical components of our platform
- Explore and implement cutting-edge software design patterns to help solve very challenging problems we are facing within an evolving domain
- Be exposed to challenges, such as: leading engineering-wide initiatives, interacting with different teams and stakeholders, and writing concise Architectural Decision Records (ADRs)
- Mentor others in the engineering team, explore new challenges, and enable your team growth
What you bring
- Experience with multiple databases both within and outside the relational paradigm, with the ability to maintain and use a particular paradigm and reason about its usage for different use cases.
- Experience with any cloud provider is welcome
- Professional attitude towards software craftsmanship with a good understanding of different types of testing and why TDD is important
- Hands-on experience building distributed backend applications to address complex challenges such as data consistency and quality, latency, and availability
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.