Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) – Transport Data
What if… your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
As a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) in the Transport Data team, you will work to manage the services handling external data provided by carriers and terminals. Meanwhile you will work to maintain the most accurate representation of the physical hubs and facilities, in order to create an overview of the entire lifecycle of a cargo shipment for use by Forto end-customers, operations managers, and other Forto services.
- Process, aggregate and expose live tracking data from cargo ships, trucks, airplanes and more to infer meaningful actions on the supply chain
- Be actively being involved in a team: Building scalable and extendable event-driven microservice architectures with advanced patterns like CQRS and event sourcing design patterns and many other interesting use cases.
- Explore and implement cutting-edge software design patterns to help solve very challenging problems we are facing within an evolving domain
- Be exposed to challenges, such as: leading engineering-wide initiatives, interacting with different teams and stakeholders, and writing concise Architectural Decision Records (ADRs)
- Mentor others in the engineering team, explore new challenges, and enable your team growth
What you bring
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience with multiple databases both within and outside the relational paradigm, with the ability to maintain and use a particular paradigm and reason about its usage for different use cases.
- Experience with any cloud providers is welcome, AWS is a plus
- Remarkable understanding of DDD, defining a microservice and its boundaries, and the trade-offs between different software architectures
- Hands-on experience building distributed backend applications to address complex challenges such as data consistency and quality, latency, and availability
- Insights into designing data streaming applications with attention to special requirements such as scalability, consistency, and fault tolerance
- Professional attitude towards software craftsmanship with a good understanding of different types of testing and why TDD is important
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.