Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d)
What if… your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
As a Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d) you will build, monitor, and maintain Forto’s cloud-based data infrastructure, as well as supporting and educating various stakeholders in our move towards data driven, globally scaled, highly automated and reliable operations.
Our technology stack consists of Google BigQuery for data warehousing, Matillion (currently migrating to self-serving tools) for data ingestion and transformation, Google Cloud Pub/Sub for data ingestion, DBT (Data Build Tool) for data transformations, Apache Airflow for workflow orchestration, and Python as our scripting language.
- Build state-of-the-art data systems to enable Forto's innovation in the logistics space
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams of Software Engineers, Data Engineers, and Product Managers to deliver Data Products for our customers
- Empower our teams to architect, deploy, and uphold cutting-edge, robust, and high-velocity data processing systems
- Collaborate with our stakeholders to foster a data-driven culture.
- Maintain and optimize our current centralized Black Box solution while overseeing its transition to a decentralized system, ensuring its robustness through automated testing and quality control practices
- Work towards reducing technical debt in data engineering
What you bring
- Professional experience in data engineering
- An expert level of familiarity with Python, SQL, various databases, message queuing, cloud services and ETL tools
- Proficiency in constructing both batch and real-time ETL/ELT pipelines while adhering to essential principles of data quality
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.