Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/d) – Platform
What if… your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
As a frontend engineer with the UI Platform team at Forto, you'll be part of an innovative engineering group where you'll develop software, systems, and processes that enhance our efficiency in creating high-quality, robust web applications. You'll work closely with a small team of platform engineers, learning needs and pain points that are shared across Forto’s product teams. Your contributions will span from building reusable solutions in the form of libraries to providing architectural recommendations, tooling, and deployment systems. Working hand in hand with colleagues from Design, Product, and Infrastructure teams, you'll share frontend knowledge throughout our engineering organisation, actively shaping our technological landscape.
- Craft software to turbocharge our product iteration speed – think internal libraries, developer experience tools, deployment systems, and more.
- Collaborate with web product teams, empathise with stakeholders, and create enduring solutions. Embrace the long-term perspective.
- Provide recommendations for product architecture design, language practices, library selections, and more, disseminating this knowledge across the engineering organisation.
- Advocate for high-quality engineering practices across the organisation through tech talks, code reviews and mentorship.
What you bring
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in web technologies.
- A deep thinker when it comes to systems, their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles.
- Knows their way around the modern frontend ecosystem, with a good understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the web platform.
- Ability to debug cross-system problems and design solutions that span the entire stack.
- A user-centric mindset, focused on the needs of both internal and external users.
- Experience collaborating across engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to ask pertinent questions, involve the right stakeholders in discussions, and balance varying needs.
- Highly self-motivated and able to take the long term view, estimate realistic timelines, and continuously learn to fill knowledge gaps.
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.