Staff Engineer (f/m/d)
As one of Forto's Staff Engineers within a team of over 100 Engineers, you will build our backbone that supports global scalability, reliable operations and a high degree of automation.
- work closely with cross-functional leaders to create quarterly objectives based on product and business goals.
- synthesize and drive team roadmaps for architecture and engineering over multiple quarters.
- lead engineering-wide initiatives, interacting with different teams and stakeholders.
- constantly improve the systems’ performance, development experience, and processes
- work on our existing systems using: NodeJS, ReactJS, Redis, MongoDB, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, AWS plus many more.
- design, implement and maintain features.
- mentor Engineers of different levels.
- be responsible for what you own, using DevOps mindset.
What you bring
- 2+ years of experience in the role of technical lead or comparable roles, preferably in a fast growing environment
- 8+ years of experience building systems using modern programming technologies and techniques
- Proven track record of creating a technical vision, building consensus, driving implementation, and achieving desired outcomes
- Ability to move independently between domains as needed
- Growth Mindset: You learn quickly and strive to improve every day; you can adapt to a fast-growing organization with constantly changing requirements
- Professional experience with our tech stack is a plus, but we are open to Java / Kotlin / Go background
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.