What if… your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
As our dedicated Airfreight Sales Manager (f/m/d) in China you are responsible for establishing, developing and expanding our airfreight customer portfolio, consequently bringing in new airfreight business to Forto in China and managing contract renewals of your existing airfreight customer portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to become a central part of establishing Forto in the China market.
- Become a central part of building up Forto in China
- Be responsible for the acquisition of new airfreight customers and the expansion of Forto's airfreight customer portfolio in China
- Be responsible for your own customer portfolio and ensure contract renewals managing activities seamlessly in Forto’s CRM system & related tools.
- Implement sales plan/strategy/activities, incl. Pipeline management, to achieve target budgets
- Work closely with our customers, maintaining our customer relationships and actively contributing to their and our success
- Anticipate future customer needs and improve our customer platform in close cooperation with our product & technology development team
- Highlight to respective functions, eg. Head of Commercial, observations of market dynamics for example competitors’ behavioral patterns
- Be responsible for conducting high quality presentations of the entire range of standardized airfreight products to customers
- Establish and present customized airfreight offers to customers
- Negotiate with customers on contractual terms of service provision that is aligned to corporate sales policy and procedures
- Adhere to approved credit limits granted to customers and enforce previously agreed payment terms
- Maintain good communication and working relationship with other departments in Forto
- Informal influence to enable improvement and change within the organization
What You Bring
- At least 2+ years of sales and account management experience in freight forwarding/logistics, of which at least 2+ years in airfreight, customer service experience a plus
- A successfully completed degree in the field of business/logistics and/or a completed apprenticeship in the field of logistics
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- A customer centric mindset and experience in driving airfreight business development
- A growth mindset and experience in a fast paced business environment, start up experience a plus
- Exceptional sales talent and the ability to build and maintain a network of customers
- Reliability, independence, high motivation and the ability to work in a dynamic and demanding team
Forto Is An Internationally Growing Company
At Forto we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
- Company language: English
- 18+ offices across Europe & Asia
- 1000+ employees
- 30+ nationalities represented
- 2500+ customers
Why Us – You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Learn More About Us
Forto is an internationally growing company
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That’s why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.